Robin's Leaders on Facebook

Robin's Leaders on Facebook

on the matter of angling with the fly in and around McKinney TX in County Collin.

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Visited Serenity Park Again

Growing through the dock

dockside

These were the only two photos I got on this trip. Dan and I met at the pond around quarter of seven. Fished the foam spider on the zero weight. That is one popular little pattern. I landed quite a number of bluegill, dinks and a few fat, round, orange-bellied nice ones.

The height of the fun had to have been the bass who took a bluegill I was fighting, made a bold run for the brush. My little zero weight was bent over double! Had to struggle to keep it from reaching a dangerous degree of bend. It was like being snagged on a log. Then he was gone, along with the bluegill and the foam spider. Funny, because I was about to take it off and swap it out due to one set of legs having been pulled off by dink attacks. Tying Tip; glue the legs after tying them in.

So here's a question; how many of my dear readers have hoked up with a bass (or any fish) in this fashion and how many times have the fish been landed? I'd like to hear from you in the comments on this point.

No comments:

Do you fish in or near mcKinney?

McKinney Trout Heros

McKinney Trout Heros
Long Haired Dave and I ham it up with corny "hero" shot

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Fly fishing...why? No good reason that I could take to court and hope to win with. I just like it. Helping others; now that's something I can get behind and participate in.