Robin's Leaders on Facebook

Robin's Leaders on Facebook

on the matter of angling with the fly in and around McKinney TX in County Collin.

Monday, September 10, 2007

Hidden Agenda

Most folks in McKinney know about Towne Lake. It's a popular jogging and picnicing spot plus a lot of fishing get done there.

But just to the east (right as one looks at the map) is a hidden pond. Alligator Lake might be it's nickname as this was where a small alligator was found a few years back.

I have seen good sized carp rolling and splashing in this pond but have yet to fish it enough to know what all resides therein.

Anyone fished it? Any reports? Besides the alligator that is.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, Dave

Are you talking about the pond east of the baseball fields?

Robin said...

This is Robin,

Yes, east of the ball fields.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Robin

I have tried it a few times but blanked. However I did see some decent ones in there. Maybe I will try to free line some bread...

Do you fish in or near mcKinney?

McKinney Trout Heros

McKinney Trout Heros
Long Haired Dave and I ham it up with corny "hero" shot

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Fly fishing...why? No good reason that I could take to court and hope to win with. I just like it. Helping others; now that's something I can get behind and participate in.