Robin's Leaders on Facebook

Robin's Leaders on Facebook

on the matter of angling with the fly in and around McKinney TX in County Collin.

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Fly Fishing Caddo Lake

I'm still ruminating. What a time I had! Here are a couple of movies I made and then the photos link





when he saw the boat he went ballistic!
Pretty little Bass On Three Weight
dang it!!
Fly Fishing is not all fun and games (note the "not a happy angler" face)

orange belly
nice bream!

IMGP2151
some parts of the lake are eerie-creepy...but pretty cool

IMGP2146
something used to be here

IMGP2142
it's not all hard work in Uncertain TX!

IMGP2139
Entrance to Devil's Elbow (wonder how many fish are holding on that knocked down tree?)

IMGP2137
another fishy looking spot
IMGP2136
let's just face facts, it's all fishy!

IMGP2125
dream home!
IMGP2120

IMGP2115

IMGP2108

IMGP2100

Arrived in Uncertain (I  think)
camera phone image by the motel

Cortland line got sticky!
look at that line! Water had cooled off with all the rain

another bream pic

IMGP2170
in 1903 oil was discovered and Caddo was raised with a low water dam to allow drilling. This is an old abandoned well in the Big Green (a section of the main lake)

IMGP2165
I know I keep saying this, but there were some fish up in here

IMGP2161
Shawn from the Triton dealer in Marshall TX drove one of the camera boats, and squeezed in some fishing as well!


The weather was oddly and unseasonably cool. Very light rain on day one, we dodged the bullet on day two as a big storm blew in just after we got off the water. I lost track of bream and small bass that I landed on my three weight. You can rest assured that I will be back to Caddo as soon as I possibly can.

No comments:

Do you fish in or near mcKinney?

McKinney Trout Heros

McKinney Trout Heros
Long Haired Dave and I ham it up with corny "hero" shot

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Fly fishing...why? No good reason that I could take to court and hope to win with. I just like it. Helping others; now that's something I can get behind and participate in.