Robin's Leaders on Facebook

Robin's Leaders on Facebook

on the matter of angling with the fly in and around McKinney TX in County Collin.

Monday, May 31, 2010

Serenity Park This Morning

Everyone else stayed up crazy late, either watching chick flicks (wife) or playing games (everyone else) I went to bed early, got up at 3:30 AM and again at 6:00 AM with pages from folks with computer issues - it pays well though.

So when I left early to hand off on call I decided to stop by my go-to and do some fishing.

There were quite a few active, small one pound and under bass in the pond. Some bream hassled the fly for a bit as I worked my way down the shoreline.

Then, down on the western end I saw something I've never seen before. Hassling the fly, aggressively pursuing the fly were B.O.B.s (big old bream) They were in the same formations, same characteristic charge and drop back. But they were so much bigger that it sorta took my breath away. I got two before the rest wised up and boogied.

This one
Serenity Pond chunk

and this one
photo.jpg

My notable fish of the day.

I am gonna do some research on Community Pond limits because I think that pond might need culling. But I will defer to TPWD on the matter. There are beaucoup bitty basses.

This was a fine sight to see, a group of boys chunking hot dogs and fried chicken and hauling in honking big channel cats for a small pond. One weighed eight and the other one, shown below, weighed in at five. These guys came loaded for bear; sombreros, scales, hot dogs and chicken parts! :)

photo.jpg

photo.jpg

photo.jpg


I kept hearing all this gawd-awful splashing down at the pier. They were catching bream and leaving them on the hook and splatting them on the surface to jig up the bass. Quite the innovators!

No comments:

Do you fish in or near mcKinney?

McKinney Trout Heros

McKinney Trout Heros
Long Haired Dave and I ham it up with corny "hero" shot

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Fly fishing...why? No good reason that I could take to court and hope to win with. I just like it. Helping others; now that's something I can get behind and participate in.